The New food pyramid [electronic resource] / Meridian Education Corporation.
Search for related items by subject
Cookery > History.
Food > History.
Nutrition > Study and teaching.
- Physical Description: 1 streaming video file (21 min.) : sd., col., digital file + instructional materials (online)
- Publisher: New York, N.Y. : Films Media Group, , c2006.
|General Note:|| Encoded with permission for digital streaming by Films Media Group on Feb. 14, 2006.
Films on Demand is distributed by Films Media Group for Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, Meridian Education, and Shopware.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| MyPyramid: Steps To a Healthier You (1:13) -- MyPyramid History (2:43) -- MyPyramid Themes (2:39) -- MyPyramid Components (6:46) -- MyPyramid in Practice (5:24)
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| Access requires authentication through Films on Demand.
|Summary:|| When it comes to nutrition today, one size doesn't fit all. That's why the USDA created MyPyramid, a food guidance system that emphasizes a more individualized approach to improving diet and overall physical fitness. After watching this video, your students will have a clear understanding of the food pyramid's history, the six themes incorporated into the MyPyramid system, the main components of MyPyramid, and how people like themselves can make this updated food pyramid a part of their life. Solid information delivered by nutrition experts from Princeton University and elsewhere and supported by onscreen diagrams, lists, and fun facts make The New Food Pyramid an indispensable part of any health-related video collection. Correlates to National Health Education Standards for Achieving Health Literacy.
|Target Audience Note:|| 7 to 12.
|System Details Note:|| Mode of access: Internet.
System requirements: FOD playback platform.
|Language Note:|| Closed-captioned.
|Source of Description Note:|| Title from distributor's description.
Search for related items by series
- Health & Wellness Core Curriculum Video Library
- MyPyramid, the New Food Pyramid
- The Cambridge Educational Core Curriculum Video Libraries
- Core curriculum video libraries (Cambridge educational (Firm))
- Core curriculum video library. Health and wellness.
- MyPyramid, the new food pytamid.