- 1 of 1 copy available at Island Libraries.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Library||Call Number||Barcode||Location||Status||Due Date|
|Robertson Library||RA784.Z68 2009||37348007123839||STACKS||Available||-|
Search for related items by subject
Nutrition > Requirements.
Nutrition > Genetic aspects.
- ISBN: 9780313349850 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0313349851 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xiv, 237 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: Santa Barbara, Calif. : Greenwood Press/ABC-CLIO, c2009.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| A brief history of nutrition and the future of nutrigenomics -- Basics and principles of nutrition and its practitioners -- Nutrition guidelines and the government's role -- Food irradiation : past its shelf life? -- Genetically modified food : are we playing God? -- Vitamins and supplements : a love-hate relationship -- Vegetarians : you are what you eat -- Organic food : better or just more expensive? -- From the field to the table : how safe is our food? -- Bans on fast food and junk food : who wins, who loses?