Take, read : Scripture, textuality, and cultural practice / Wesley A. Kort.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Island Libraries.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Library||Call Number||Barcode||Location||Status||Due Date|
|Robertson Library||BS480.K64 1996||37348007182330||STACKS||Available||-|
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Bible > Evidences, authority, etc.
Bible > Reading.
Bible > Hermeneutics.
- ISBN: 9780271015927
- ISBN: 0271015918 (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 0271015926 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: 156 p. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, c1996.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. -151) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Introduction: "Scripture" as a category in textual theory -- The theory of reading in Calvin's Doctrine of scripture -- Modernity: Reading other texts as thought they, and not the bible, were scripture -- Postmodernity: Not reading anything at all as though it were scripture -- Blanchot and Kristevea: Reading scripture's reappearance -- Conclusion: Reading the Bible as though it were scripture.