Sentence conjunction in the Gospel of Matthew : kai, de, tote, gar, syn [i.e. oun], and asyndeton in narrative discourse / Stephanie L. Black.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Bible. Matthew > Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Bible. Matthew > Language, style.
Bible. New Testament. Matthieu > Critique, interprétation, etc.
Bible. New Testament. Matthieu > Style.
Greek language, Biblical > Conjunctions.
- ISBN: 9780567245052
- ISBN: 0567245055
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (420 pages).
- Publisher: London ; Sheffield Academic, ©2002.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (pages 396-408) and index.
|Summary:|| An application of current linguistic research on discourse markers to sentence conjunctions in Matthew's Gospel. This treatment combines linguistic insights with a detailed examination of Matthew's use of kai, de and similar conjunctions in narrative passages, culminating in a verse by verse commentary on the structure of Matthew's ;miracle chapters', Matthew 8-9. Black breaks new ground in linguistic theory by modelling the interplay between features such as sentence conjunction, word order, and verb tense in the portrayal of continuity and discontinuity in Greek narrative. A volume of intere.
|Source of Description Note:|| Print version record.
Search for related items by series
- Journal for the study of the New Testament. Supplement series ; 216. Studies in New Testament Greek ; 9
- Journal for the study of the New Testament. Supplement series ; 216.
- Journal for the study of the New Testament. Supplement series. Studies in New Testament Greek ; 9.